ENLIGHTEN EDUCATION and What we stand for
From our very first day, we’ve donated a portion of every garment sold to Englighten Education. Founded by the incredible Dannielle Miller, who in 2021 was awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) for service to education, to women and to youth. Enlighten Educations programs help tween and teenage girls* decode the mixed messages they receive and help them develop self-esteem and confidence; they are designed to be delivered in schools and are targeted at students aged 10–18.
Their school workshops cover everything from helping young people manage their friendships, to increasing their sense of gratitude, to becoming advocates for social change. Rather than telling young people what to do, they focus on informing, inspiring and empowering them. Enlighten Education encourages students to be discerning consumers and critical thinkers and to find their own voice and power in a complex world.
Enlighten Education is based on Four Key Pillars of Well Being:
- Connection: Facilitating the development of positive, healthy relationships and peer bonds
- Meaning and purpose: Highlighting the role girls can play as activists.
- Agency: The capacity to make their own choices. Teaching girls how to think, not what to think.
- Altruism: Encouraging girls to look at ways in which they can give to others and be forces for good in their communities.
Through our sponsorship of the Enlighten Education school programs, Soar Active is committed to supporting young teens and tweens on their journey to becoming young adults, empowering them to face the challenges and opportunities ahead, and encouraging them to aim high and dream big. To feel confident and bold as they step out into the future; to embrace change, believe in their own worth, and become all that they can be.
Sustainability and Soar Active
At Soar Active, we understand that we have an important role to play in taking care of the environment so that our next generation can thrive. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our approach and reduce our carbon footprint, from the moment production begins right through to when our products arrive at your door.
Our garments are made from recycled materials wherever possible, using recycled polyester from plastic bottles. Our poly bag packaging is 100% compostable and our tags are made from 100% recycled paper.
To ensure that the Soar Active range is produced ethically and consciously, our manufacturing partner has been certified by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition in utilising The Higg Index to measure their sustainability practices. Our supplier holds the following accreditations:
- BSCI Business Social Compliance Initiative
- SCLP Social and Labour Convergence Project
- OEKO-TEX Authorised to Use Standard 100
- TC/GRS Transaction Certificate for Textile Process from the Global Recycling Standard