Destined to SOAR.
This interview series is aimed at celebrating, recognising and promoting the incredible talent and ferocious courage of our young women of tomorrow.
Let's recognise the magnificent effort of girls' in sport across all codes!
Today our interview is with youth sensation Charlotte. Soar Active had the privilege to catch up with and chat about her love for Rugby League, Cheer and Track and Field.
1. Charlotte, tell us about your early life?
Charlotte: I started off as a dancer at the age of four and continuing on until I was about six. Later on I switched to gymnastics as it was closer to my new home. Fast forward a few years I realised gymnastics wasn’t my thing and this is when my passion for cheer started to flourish.
2. So how did you discover Rugby League?
Charlotte: I’ve always grown up around rugby, having my brother and cousin play. Back yard footy turned into me joining a footy club. progressing over the years I was very fortunate to make the met east U15’s rugby league team competing at states earlier this year.
3. What was your next step?
Charlotte: Just train as hard as possible to go further with all my sports. Don’t give up and believe you can get to where you want to be. I’m still working at where I want to be! Lol.
4. How do you balance your competitive training and managing school?
Charlotte: I am very grateful to go to a school that allows me to play footy (I made it into the rugby league excellence program at my school) and manage my grades at the same time. Sometimes there’s not enough hours in the day!
5. What do you do in your downtime?
Charlotte: Sleep and pass the ball with my brother (who is also in the rugby league excellence program at our school).
6. What makes you feel happy, brave, and strong?
Charlotte: Playing my sports.
7. Tell us about a special moment in the last year?
Charlotte: Getting to play at CBUS Stadium, the home of The Gold Coast Titans.
9. What is your ultimate goal?
Charlotte: Getting to worlds for cheer, making the NRLW for footy and representing Australia or maybe even competing at the Olympics for athletics.
9. What's your favourite attribute about yourself?
Charlotte: My athleticism.
10. Favourite song on repeat right now?
Charlotte: Love by Keyshia Cole.
11. What has playing three sports ( Rugby, Cheer and Track and Field) taught you about life?
Charlotte: How fortunate I am to be able to do all these sports and excel In them.
12. What would you say to other young females about following their dreams?
Charlotte: Follow your dreams and do what you love for you and not for anyone else.
Follow Charlottes inspiring journey on Instagram